Sunday, October 28, 2007

Letter to the Editor

Many Muslims seemed to favor radical Islam - The Daily Collegian Online
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Many Muslims seemed to favor radical Islam Before this week, I felt convinced that all Muslims don't sympathize with terrorism. I figured that out of 1.5 billion Muslims, very few actually sympathize and support radical Islam.

Things changed a bit after former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum's speech on Tuesday.

Santorum made a point of identifying that within Islam, there is the ideology of Islamo-Facism.

He in no way said that all Muslims were evil, just those who were in the sub-genre of radical Islam. Santorum's father was an Italian during World War II, where there was the threat of fascism. Santorum said that his father acknowledged that Benito Mussolini was evil.

You don't have to think all Italians were evil, just those who subscribed to Italian-Facism.

At the speech, many Muslims spoke up about Santorum's speech. Out of the Muslims that spoke out, almost all criticized Santorum as being ignorant and spewing hatred.

If you criticize someone because they speak out against radical Islam, then it would seem you support radical Islam. This led me to believe that all those Muslims identified themselves with Islamo-Facism.

Now, I'm starting to think that maybe, more Muslims sympathize with terrorism than I thought.

I don't want to believe this, but I can't seem to refute what I saw.

Len Torchia
junior-electrical engineering


Powered by ScribeFire.

Sphere: Related Content

0 Comments: