Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Stark is sorry. Good, now go away.

WorldNetDaily: Stark sorry for saying Bush amused by killing
Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif., apologized today for stating during debate last week that President Bush derives amusement from sending young Americans to Iraq to kill innocent people and then "get their heads blown off."
During today's House session, Stark asked for a point of personal privilege, which gives members up to an hour to address issues regarding their reputation or personal conduct.

Video of C-Span's coverage of Stark's remarks was posted by Breitbart.tv.

"I want to apologize, first of all, to my colleagues, many of whom I've offended, to the president, his family, to the troops that may have found in my remarks as were suggested in the motion that we just voted on … and I do apologize … for this reason, I think we have a serious issue before us, the issue of providing medical care to children," Stark said. "The issue of what we do about a war, that we're divided about how to end."
The congressman concluded: "I hope that with this apology I will become as insignificant as I should be and that we can return to the issues that do divide us but that we can resolve in a better fashion."

Last week, in remarks also posted by Breitbart.tv, Stark chastised Republicans for pouring money into an "illegal" war while refusing to increase funding for the child health insurance program

"You don't have money to fund the war or children," he said. "But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."


Powered by ScribeFire.

Sphere: Related Content

0 Comments: