Let me count the ways;
1. Israel consented to being castrated. [That says it all but I’ll continue anyway.]
2. The Bush administration agreed to physically separate the Jews from the Arabs at the Annapolis conference in a manner that aligns with the apartheid policies of the Arab world which prohibit Israelis from setting foot on Arab soil.
3. In accordance with Saudi demands, the Americans prohibited Israeli representatives from entering the hall through the same door as the Arabs.
4. Israel gave up all protection afforded by the Roadmap including
a) agreed to discuss final status issues (core issues) before Arab compliance with
Stage I of Roadmap
b) agreed to accept US rulings as to performance by Israel and the PA
5. Olmert retreated from his promise that he would never agree to any document that would not recognize Israel, first and foremost, as a Jewish state.
6. Israel agreed to negotiate even though Arabs insisted on “right of return”
7. Israel agreed to accept a narrow limits for negotiation such as ‘67 borders and sharing of Jerusalem
8. Israel compromised their fight against terror by agreeing to additional “gestures”
9. Israel put off indefinitely their anti-terror operation in Gaza leaving Sderot exposed.
10 Israel closed a deal with a Palestinian partner that cannot deliver
11 Olmert backed off from his opposition to any timetable for negotiations. (end of ‘08)
12 Olmert consented to a dialogue and a target date for the establishment of a Palestinian state contrary to his former position.
13 Israel has committed itself to a freeze on expanding Jewish communities in the West Bank, while gaining no assurance that Palestinians will live up to their end of the bargain
14 Rice empathized with the Palestinians regarding checkpoints and ignored there were necessary as self-defense
15 Rice sees the poor Palestinians as innocent victems
16 The US joined the Arabs in placing the lion’s share of blame for the absence of peace between Israel and the Palestinians on Israel.
17 The Israel-PLO joint statement at Annapolis contains a joint pledge “to propagate a culture of peace and nonviolence; to confront terrorism and incitement, whether committed by Palestinians or Israelis.” This is moral equivalence where there is none.
18 US Ambassador Richard Jones’s unprecedented meeting this week with Supreme Court President Dorit Beinisch made clear that the US demands that Israeli courts interpret Israeli law in a prejudicial manner in order to demonize Israeli opponents of Palestinian statehood and the ethnic cleansing of the Jews from Judea and Samaria.
19 Their meeting also signaled that the US expects Israel to treat lawful building activities by Jews in Judea and Samaria and even in sections of Jerusalem as criminal acts.
20 From now on, Israelis who oppose the diplomatic moves of the Olmert government can expect to be treated as the moral equivalents of Palestinian terrorists.
21 Rice stated that “failure is not an option,” in the coming peace process, she made clear she wants an agreement. Whether the Palestinians are serious about peace or not is none of her business.
22 Israel agreed to negotiate the status of Jerusalem by agreeing to discuss all outstanding issues.
23 Olmert agreed that the Americans would set the timetable for expulsions of Jews from Judea and Samaria.
24 By anointing the State Department arbiter of Israeli compliance, the Olmert government gave the Americans the right to veto IDF operations in Judea and Samaria. As the guarantors of progress in the peace process, the Americans will tell the IDF where it can - or more precisely where it cannot - erect roadblocks. The Americans will tell the Israelis what cities and towns to transfer to Fatah control. They will tell Israel what guns and armor to transfer to the Palestinians, what to do with terror fugitives and when and how many terrorists it must release from its prisons.
25 As a result of Annapolis, Israel is no longer a sovereign nation.
Powered by ScribeFire.