Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm Back

As some have noticed, I stopped blogging a while back. Sorry, life got in the way. I've missed it though, so here I am, I'm back!

One of the things that I wanted to do was make 1RedThread more personal, so if you stick around, you'll see more information on my family, my dogs, and me than before. I'll also be posting interesting news articles, too, I can't help but post them, just like I can't help reading interesting things out loud to my husband when I'm surfing the internet or reading the paper.

The most interesting thing that happened today was an offhand comment one of my coworkers felt free to email to some people after being forwarded an email (not by me) about the soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq. You know the ones, they say "I'm not breaking this one, sorry, make sure you forward it" with pictures of soldiers and stories about the good things that are happening over there. It's not like you read those kinds of things in the news.

Anyway, this person felt free to reply back to myself and a few other people that before we forward it, we may want to be sure to add that the US went to Iraq and killed 600,000 civilians for oil. The comment was so full if ignorance, it annoyed me so much. Honestly, I could probably shred his comment in a million little pieces, but why bother? Its not like the truth really gets in the way of these people.

We're also starting a garden for the first time this year. The rising cost of everything is really hitting us. So, I started bush beans, a couple types of tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and snow peas. Wish us luck, I'll keep you all posted!

Sphere: Related Content

0 Comments: